Naturally each year our kids make Christmas Lists. This year some of their highlights include a blue Furby (“Mommy, I hope that when you went shopping on BROWN FRIDAY you remembered to get me a blue furby.”) and Skylander’s Giants. And every year I write about the things the kids want. Which is fine and dandy and all and I’ll still totally write about it. But somewhere along the way the past few years I realized I’ve stopped writing about stuff that I truly just love and that is just for me.
So this list is filled with things that I want. Me. Me. Me. It’s all about me for once. Well, at least this list is. Maybe it will help some of you husbands out there searching for the perfect gift for your wife. Hint: Splurge a little! (or a lot!) It goes a long way.
Without further ado I present to you, my grownup Christmas list.
1) A custom built Longchamp Le Pliage Tote. This is number one, highest on my list. As a francophile and fashionista I’ve wanted one for quite a while. When we went to Bora Bora they were everywhere and I discovered that I could build my own on the Longchamp website. If I built one, it would look just like this, including my initials embossed on the flap. Hey Morgan, are you listening?
2) The Longchamp Le Pliage Coin Purse. In black. I know, I know, you’re totally shocked. I’m guessing you can figure out why I might want this. I like being all matchy matchy. Yes, it is possible to custom build one but the one from Nordstrom works just as well.
3) Grace: A Memoir. Grace Coddington’s memoir about her life as a model and eventually the creative director of American Vogue is supposed to be simply enthralling and I have it on my must-read, pronto, list.
4) Cozy Pajamas. I love pajamas. I know, I’m getting old. But cozy, comfortable clothes are hard to come by, and just looking at these PJs make me super excited. Now all I need are a fireplace and some cashmere socks and I’ll be set…
5. Tory Burch “Caroline” Flats in Camilla Pink. I’ve had Tory Burch flats on my Christmas list for 3 years now and I’ve never gotten them, so I don’t have high hopes, but these shoes are way high up on my list this year. Like, if I don’t get them I’m probably using my birthday money to buy them myself. And I’m going to try my hardest not to feel bad about it. Because I tried these babies on the other day and my feet sang. Look how awesome they look on me! (Ignore the scar on my left foot, that’s a souvenir from our Bora Bora honeymoon.) I NEED THESE.
6. Alex and Ani Bangles in E, M, A, and B. I love these Alex and Ani bangles – I bought 2 of them for my sister-in-law as a thank you for hosting my amazing bridal shower back in August – one with her initial and one with my brother-in-law’s initial as well. Now I’d love some with all of our initials – they are great to stack and I think I’d wear them a lot.
7. Hunter Original Tall Gloss Rain Boot. I know, I know. It doesn’t rain a lot in Southern California. But when it does, I’d like to be ready. December is traditionally the wettest month of the year here in Orange County, so I wouldn’t mind having some of these to make it a little less…soggy. Also, Santa, if you’re listening – I’ll need some fleece boot liners to go with these. Preferably these in cream and black.
8. Coco Before Chanel. My favorite actress (Audrey Tautou) and my favorite designer brand. This DVD has been on my wishlist since 2010. It costs a whopping 6 bucks. Stocking stuffer?
9. Aquatalia ‘Rhumba’ Black Suede Boot. What can I say? I like shoes. This is my really big, a girl can dream item. I think if I opened these as a gift I would legitimately cry with happiness. These are the most gorgeous, comfortable boots to every grace my feet – I can only imagine how often I would wear these beautiful boots if they were mine. I love them. Love. Love. Love. (PS – If I thought it was even an option, these would be #1 on my list.)