I’m kind of obsessed with Oreos. And the Holidays. So when Walmart came to me with the opportunity to sample a brand new Oreo cookie flavor that was being released just for the holidays, you can be sure the request was met with a resounding “yes”! A few days later I was opening my door to the UPS man so that he could hand me a box filled with these brand-new Gingerbread Oreos that had not yet been released in stores. Now that is what I call a good day.
I decided that I was going to use these Oreos to make something delicious – so I took a new twist on an old favorite – Oreo truffles but with the new gingerbread flavor creme! I ran to Walmart and picked up a bunch of supplies because I wasn’t sure what I was going to use. Turns out, I ended up just needing the peppermint Candy Melts, the Oreos, and the cream cheese. You can use some of the nonpareils for decoration if you’d like, but I thought they were pretty just as they are!
So, you’ll need:
- 1 package Gingerbread Oreos
- 1 package Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 packages Wilton candy melts – any color but I used the peppermint
To make the Gingerbread Oreo Truffles
- To get started, put an entire packet of Oreos in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. It will make a very dry paste.
- Soften your cream cheese at half-power in the microwave for 30 seconds, then add to the mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate this mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Roll mixture into little balls, set each down on wax paper.
- If the balls are really soft then you might need to refrigerate them for another hour or so. Otherwise, move on to step 6.
- Melt the candy melts according to the directions.
- Drop each truffle into the mixture, being sure to coat it on all sides.
- Using a toothpick, transfer the truffle to a baking sheet covered in wax paper.
- Repeat until finished with all of them.
- Chill until 1 hour before serving.
- Rejoice in the deliciousness that is this Gingerbread Oreo Truffle.